Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 07:24 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.3.8 -> 1.3.10

berber

Anonymous
I really want to make this upgrade but I have made many changes to my site and starting from a clean install is allot of work.

When upgrading phpBB I get a list of files that have changed, compare the new files to the current ones and make the changes.

Is there a way to get a list of only the files that have changed between 1.3.8 and 1.3.10 ?

thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by berber: Is there a way to get a list of only the files that have changed between 1.3.8 and 1.3.10 ?

You could download both versions and compare them using diff -r -q (or the equivalent command on Windows).

But I can already tell you that you'll get a very long list. There won't be too many files that haven't changed between those two versions ...

bye, Dirk

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by berber: I really want to make this upgrade but I have made many changes to my site and starting from a clean install is allot of work.

When upgrading phpBB I get a list of files that have changed, compare the new files to the current ones and make the changes.

Is there a way to get a list of only the files that have changed between 1.3.8 and 1.3.10 ?

between 1.3.6 and 1.3.9 i learned its best to keep really neat notes and copies of edits for EVERY SINGLE EDIT/MOD you make - it makes upgrading a lot easier

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
diff3 is your friend.

-Vinny

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content