Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 05:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog behind a Firewall

congleal

Forum User
What ports besides 80 have to be permitted thru a firewall. I've permitted port 80, however when you login it fails to return the logged in page.

digitalfiasco

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by congleal: What ports besides 80 have to be permitted thru a firewall. I've permitted port 80, however when you login it fails to return the logged in page.

Are you running your own webserver? Also, when you say you're not being returned to the login page, is it being displayed with an error or back to the login page?

congleal

Forum User
Quote by digitalfiasco:
Quote by congleal: What ports besides 80 have to be permitted thru a firewall. I've permitted port 80, however when you login it fails to return the logged in page.

Are you running your own webserver? Also, when you say you're not being returned to the login page, is it being displayed with an error or back to the login page?

Yes, I'm running my won webserver? It doesn't display an error it just returns to the login page.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
No other ports need to be opened (port 80 is sufficient). It sounds like maybe you have register_globals turned off. Make sure that it is enabled. Also, note that if you type in the wrong user name/password you are automatically returned to the login screen.

-Vinny

digitalfiasco

Forum User
Chatty
If you're running a firewall, make sure you have cookies enabled. I think they are not allowed. Disable blocking of them...meaning allow all cookies. That should do the trick.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Read the FAQ I can't log in.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content