Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 17 2024 @ 08:27 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Password dhanging, not!

j2blue

Anonymous
Okay, so I got everything set up for the first time; not just geeklog but php and mysql. The install script ran fine and I was able to log in and the first thing that I want to do is change the default passwords. Going to the users control block/panel/thingy, selecting the account I want to change the password for, and then clicking on the "changepw" button produces a blank page. I have double checked my file permissions, paths, etc. Not knowing exactly what the gl code is trying to do after pressing this button is slowing me down. I am taking the web server offline until I can get this resolved. Please understand that I don't know php yet so going through the code will be a very slow process, if you have an answer or suggestion I would much appreciate it.

caltman

Forum User
Junior
Did you enter a new password in the password field?

Regards,
Carter

j2blue

Forum User
there is no password field, the page is entirely blank and no other window popped up, either.

caltman

Forum User
Junior
When you go to "Account Information" under the User Functions, there is a password field. Enter your new password there and save the information.
This works if you are logged in as the account you want to change

There is also a blank password field on the user edit page.

Regards,
Carter

j2blue

Forum User
Thanks for being patient; yes, it all made sense when I slowed down to listen carefully. I did successfully change the default passwords. I do think the "changpw" button is misleading, though.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:27 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content