Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Double Menu Entry

Blacktide

Anonymous
confused
I am using GL (1.3.10rc2) and I am using the static page plugin. When I create a new static page and add it to the Menu, it shows up twice.

My menu looks like this: | Contribute | Web Resources | Past Polls | Calendar | Advanced Search | Site Statistics | Album List | Bookmarks | Album List | Bookmarks

Can anyone help me out here?

tubbs

Anonymous
the same happened for me after an update - a couple of plugins were imported to menu once again?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This is because of the new configurable menu entries in Geeklog 1.3.10.

$_CONF['menu_elements'] lists the entries that should be used for the {menu_elements} in the theme's header.thtml. One of the default entries is 'plugins' which will then list the menu entries provided by plugins.

If you're using a theme that has {plg_menu_elements} in its header.thtml, then you'll get the plugin entries twice.

Solution: Remove either the 'plugins' entry from $_CONF['menu_elements'] or the {plg_menu_elements} entry from header.thtml.

bye, Dirk

Blacktide

Anonymous
Dirk,

Thanks for your answer. That was exactly the cast that I had, but I deceided so to edit the header.thtml like this:

Text Formatted Code
<table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="header-navigation-container">
  <tr><td align="center" valign="middle" class="header-navigation"><a href="http:blah.com/blah">blah</a>; <a href="http:blah.com/blah">blah</a></td></tr>
</table>

and come up with my own menu items.

If there are other ways other than what you have mentioned or what I have done I would like to know. I am pretty new to geeklog and I am really just using it for a personnel website and I have gallery integrated into it.

Thanks again

BT

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You don't have to use {menu_elemens} - hard-coding the links in header.thtml is fine if you prefer that.

The benefit of the {menu_elements} variable is that it would automatically change the language for the built-in links when someone changes the language file.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content