Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 05:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Oscommerce

Rob

Anonymous
Does anyone know how to fix the oscommerce plugin so that it does not change the title of the page to be oscommerce instead of the actual site name?? Also there does seem to be a bug in it when users log in, it does not display thier name correctly. Looks like the osc-customer table does not actually get filled with any info aside from the eMail address.

-Rob

spidermann

Forum User
Junior
very easy on the title issue. Smile

Edit the index.php file in the root->www->store directory.

Look for line 39 and change the following:

Text Formatted Code
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

to

Text Formatted Code
<title>Site_Name_Here</title>

I haven't run into the second problem at all. Got a link?

Without looking at it, it could be that the person used their email address as their login name. Stranger things have happened. Smile

Edit: Was doing linkage on a website when I did the code example. Change the to in the first code example. Sorry about that.

Gavin

Anonymous
Quote by Rob:Also there does seem to be a bug in it when users log in, it does not display thier name correctly. Looks like the osc-customer table does not actually get filled with any info aside from the eMail address.

Only their email address are used until they place an order then it will ask for their address and all the other information OSC needs. Don't delete the "empty" osc customers or you will have problems.

Rob

Anonymous
Quote by spidermann: very easy on the title issue. Smile

Edit the index.php file in the root->www->store directory.

Look for line 39 and change the following:

Text Formatted Code
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

to

Text Formatted Code
<title>Site_Name_Here</title>

I haven't run into the second problem at all. Got a link?

Without looking at it, it could be that the person used their email address as their login name. Stranger things have happened. Smile

Edit: Was doing linkage on a website when I did the code example. Change the to in the first code example. Sorry about that.

I ifound a beter way actually, in the language files there is a entry called TITLE. This will change it permenantly. If you only change the index.php file then only the index page is modified. We actually want to modify the whole site. The shopping_cart.php file also has an "ECHO TITLE"

-Rob

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content