Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 30 2024 @ 09:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem with the comments link on the articles

ptp

Forum User
So, for some reason, now when you click on the link to take you to the story comments on the stories on my main page, it will give you a 404 error. It says it cant find the URL. Here is an example of the kind of link it is looking for:

http://parttimepimp.net/public_html/article.php/2004082920350199#comments

I havent messed with my paths or changed the folders, and they have worked up until now. The only thing Ive messed with recently is trying out a theme. Im not really sure what I should change. If I go to the articles section and click on the article names from the admin section, then I can see the articles and the comments, I just cant click on the comments link and get to the same page.

I must of changed something, thats all I can think of. Ill double check, but if you got any suggestions, any help would rock. Thanks!

Also, Ive noticed that when I log in as my admin account, I see that I am logged in under the Who's online block, but when I log in under my normal account I made for myself, which was also given admin abilities, I dont see that Im logged in, it just says Im a guest user. I dont know if these two problems are related.

Sounds like it could be a database problem.. maybe?

----------------------------------------------------
Note: I noticed that the link listed above isnt working, and I need it instead to say:

article.php?story=2004082920350199#comments

Is there any way I can change the URL produced by those links to remove the slach and instead use ?story=

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You have $_CONF['url_rewrite'] = true; in your config.php. As the note there explains, this may not work on all webservers (specifically not with IIS).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content