Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 07:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

NEED HELP Desperately. Messed up now my website is down.

Schtonk

Anonymous
confused
Will pay anyone who can help unscrew this clusterf*&%.

I was installing a plugin......file manager and I don't know what happened but now I get error messages.

Please help get my website back up. I don't know how to reverse the damage done and I'm not sure what I did to mess up. I uploaded the files then clicked on the install button in the plugin in section, then it started giving me the error. I tried replacing the lib-common.php and replacing the index.php

Parse error: parse error in /home/indieme/public_html/lib-common.php on line 4210

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: plg_showcenterblock() in /home/indieme/public_html/index.php on line 67

www.indiemediamagazine.com

Please IM or email me at schtonk@indiemediamagazine.com and I can give you access to my server.

Euan

Forum User
Still struggling? Let me know if you need a hand.

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Schtonk: Parse error: parse error in /home/indieme/public_html/lib-common.php on line 4210

Sounds like the usual problem with a corrupted lib-common.php.

bye, Dirk

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
I'm still having problems. I don't want to mess with it but maybe someone who has installed the file management plugin can help me dig in my server and fish out the files that I installed and put it right.

Thanks Ruan, I will contact you.
Independent Media Magazine

JohnVanVliet

Forum User
hi did you copy the contences of the public_html folder ( form the filemgmt plugin) to public_html , if so this was a no no . OR
did you copy it to a new folder called filemgmt in public_html .

if it was the first then copy over the files in public_html with the origanle from the tar ball and reedit lib-common.php

Blaine

Forum User
I contacted Schtonk at the posted email address a couple hours after the original post and never got a reply
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
Quote by JohnVanVliet: hi did you copy the contences of the public_html folder ( form the filemgmt plugin) to public_html , if so this was a no no . OR
did you copy it to a new folder called filemgmt in public_html .

if it was the first then copy over the files in public_html with the origanle from the tar ball and reedit lib-common.php

I don't remember exactly what I did but YES, I did the filemgmt folder to the public_html. I deleted that as well as deleting the one in the plugin folder and it still propagates the error message.

I did this a few weeks ago and haven't had time to fix the mess up. But, I tried replacing the index.php and common_lib.php......I'm new to all this so I don't know exactly how to edit the common_lib for it to work out right.

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Blaine: I contacted Schtonk at the posted email address a couple hours after the original post and never got a reply

Just email replied. Sorry, I have a wierd working schedule.....I sleep most of the day and work at night.

Euan

Forum User
OK - you're back up for now and even upgraded to the latest version. I've disabled the plugins for now. I'll sort them out asap, but I sleep at night and work by day...

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
Quote by euan: OK - you're back up for now and even upgraded to the latest version. I've disabled the plugins for now. I'll sort them out asap, but I sleep at night and work by day...

Cheers,

Euan.

You did a GREAT job, Euan. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to working with you more in the future!

Euan

Forum User
You're welcome! We aim to please.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content