Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, April 28 2024 @ 07:54 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fullname hack WITHOUT moderator approval

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have been trying different combinations of $_CONF['usersubmission'] == with 0 or 1 trying to get the fullname passed to the profile, send password to user, without having to approve the user.

I can't seem to get the right combination of 0's and 1's. Or am I on the wrong path?

What I want is to have the fullname and automatic signup. (I use the fullname a lot in articles, etc.).

How do I get it all at the same time? Thanks!

Blessings!

inSPIREmin

www.Scripturetoolkit.com www.inSPIREministries.com

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
This would require some rework of the Geeklog code to implement as doing what your asking for is not currently supported. Perhaps you should submit a feature request?

-Vinny

remy

Forum User
There is a download for adding the fullname during user create. It contains instructions to change some geeklog core code. Replace the test on the setting of user_submission with a test for not_empty of the fullname.
You're done.

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Remy,

Do you know the name of the download? The only thing I could find was the fullname hack (which I am already using).

Blessings!

inSPIREmin

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
So you want it that when people register with your site, they are asked to enter their full name, too (in addition to a username and email address)?

The sample code for the custom registration does just that. Read the instructions in lib-custom.php carefully.

bye, Dirk

remy

Forum User
The name of the the download is 'fullname hack', and you are using that already. In there is a test on user_submission. Delete that test.

Anyway, Dirk (see previous post), is right. The fullname hack was intended for 1.3.8, maybe it works for 1.3.7. The way Dirk points at is the better way to go, definitely since 1.3.9. As a matter of fact, the example of the custom_member_functions included in the distro 1.3.9 contains an example that you could use directly.

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks for everyone's help!

I think I finally figured out the whole custom registration thing.
I have now added fullname, and location (using Blaine's Forum fields) to my sign up at www.ScriptureToolkit.com
It also has an adaptation of Axonz.com's Marine theme.

Blessings!

inSPIREmin

sakuny

Forum User
Junior
I'm not much of a programme but this is something I've wanted on my site, as well. Would you offer instructions for how you did it. I don't understand completely the instruction in lib-custom.php

I also like the addition of location and the way you use both the fullname and (username). I'd also be happy with people logging in with fullname if that's easier.

Thank you in advance.
nice site!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content