Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:49 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

MyCal Search vs Normal Search

Demonhood

Forum User
Junior
GL 1.3.9
MyCal release for the above version

When I click on a blank date in the calendar block, it goes to the 'no events found page' and redirects properly. Everything looks fine and dandy.
When I click on a date that has something in it, it returns the information, but it does not contain my site footer. calsearch.php has a reference to the $display .= COM_siteFooter(false); but it is reference to the blank redirect mentioned above.

Is it possible that mycal isn't passing a variable to the regular search properly? search.php calls the footer (and works for a normal, non calendar search) but doesn't seem to want to do the same when it's a calendar event.
So, does anyone know what's so special about the search results for a mycal event? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Demonhood

Forum User
Junior
No one else has experienced anything similar?

Demonhood

Forum User
Junior
While viewing another user's site I noticed that he is having the same problem. here is his page. just click on a green date for an example of what i'm talking about. if you view the source you'll see that the code terminates before getting to the footer.

does anyone use this plugin successfully?

Blaine

Forum User
It appears to be missing a call to COM_siteFooter when results are found. I assume you are using version 2.3 ?

I'll install it on a site and test it out - give me a couple days.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Demonhood

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Blaine: It appears to be missing a call to COM_siteFooter when results are found. I assume you are using version 2.3 ?

I'll install it on a site and test it out - give me a couple days.

Yeah, 2.3 Thanks for looking into it.

Blaine

Forum User
nerdy
I have uploaded a new version - 2.4. You can access it here from the downloads on this site.

I have also included the great updates that Neil Leenheer did for the groklaw.net site.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

You should only need to replace the files in the public_html/mycal directory.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Demonhood

Forum User
Junior
It works! Thanks a lot.
I just had to make some small changes to my stylesheet and calsearch.php and I was on my way.
In calsearch.php their is a bold and a paragraph tag that are opened but not closed. And the div content id played strange games with my layout (which is all CSS), but after I fixed that it worked flawlessly.

Thanks again.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:49 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content