Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 01:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to suppress the "glink" menu bar item?

JoelF

Forum User
Chatty
I have set up glinks 1.3 (which is pretty cool by the way), and have found that it adds a "glinks" menu item to the header area (in the same general place as "Support | Themes | Downloads | Forum" on this site). How can I remove that link? I have added a reference to another part of the site navigation, and having this extra lone link there looks odd and takes up vertical real estate that I'd rather not give up.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

drshakagee

Forum User
Commenting out the "plugin_getmenuitems_glinks" in the plugins functions.inc file that should work.
Yes I am mental.

JoelF

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by drshakagee: Commenting out the "plugin_getmenuitems_glinks" in the plugins functions.inc file that should work.

Thanks. I guess this is one way to start seeing how to build plugins So that's a standard callback... I tried commenting out the whole thing and gl wouldn't start. Then I tried setting it to return an empty string, and that returned a '0' in the menu bar area. What seems to work is to have the callback return null. Thanks for the pointer!

Regards,

Joel

Euan

Forum User
You can also get rid of the admin menu link there too if you like - same process. Thanks for covering, Doc!

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content