Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, July 27 2024 @ 05:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stopping Plugins From Adding To The User Block

Superchicken

Forum User
Junior
Hi, I have a problem, I'm enjoying using Geeklog a fair bit for my site. ClayShaker.com the problem is the user block has stuff like My Journal, and Forum features in it. When I've already got links to the journal else where on the site, and I honestly think I could find a better place for the forum features link. My problem is I can't figure out how to stop these things form putting stuff in there.

Any ideas as to how I can get that stuff out of there? (By the way does anyone else think My Journal sounds way to Windows?)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The plugins have a function plugin_getmenuitems_pluginname in their functions.inc file. If you remove that function or comment it out, the entries won't be added to the User Functions block any more.

bye, Dirk

mrjeff

Forum User
Chatty
sleepy
You can also remove the call {plg_menu_elements} from the header.thtml file in your theme directory.
"friends don't help friends run windows"

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
embarrassed
Wow, two responses and both of them are wrong. Too bad I gave one of them

The function to remove from the functions.inc is plugin_getuseroption_pluginname

bye, Dirk

mrjeff

Forum User
Chatty

"friends don't help friends run windows"

Superchicken

Forum User
Junior
Thank you!

Ahh, my site feels CLEAN, slash the way I want it. I have the journal and forum plugins installed and you don't get any extra clutter in the user block. By the way, anyone have any idea how to change where it says Account Information, to something else?

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by Superchicken:By the way, anyone have any idea how to change where it says Account Information, to something else?

Try looking through english.php (or whatever language you use) in your language directory.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content