Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 02:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Site Calendar Block Error

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have a problem with the Site Calendar Block. When you click on a particular day it displays all the stories comments events and even forum posts for that day. Which is great. However when you attempt to go to one of the stories or comments displayed in the search results you get the followin error:

Text Formatted Code
The requested URL /mycal/article.php was not found on this server

It seems to be adding "mycal/" to the URL of the stories or comments. Does anyone know how to fix this. You can see the problem here. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks.

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
I removed the plugin altogether and reinstalled an earlier version that I downloaded from Squatty and I still have the exact same problem. I checked my error log and there are no problems. I used the advanced search function to try to isolate the problem and cant see anything wrong.

I installed this same plugin on my other site and it works perfectly. The only difference I can think of is that that site is a 1.39 gl and the site I am having trouble with is a 1.38 gl.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Blaine

Forum User
I believe the issue is the search class. There were several bugs that were fixed in the GL search after 1.3.8 that only showed up when used with the mycal block.

Try replacing the system/classes/search.class.php with the one from your 1.3.9 sites version. Just rename the 1.3.8 version one before so you can swap them back if other issues appear.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thank you for replying. I tried replacing the search.class.php file as you suggested and get the following error when trying to search with the site calendar:
Text Formatted Code
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: com_applyfilter() in /home/*****/system/classes/search.class.php on line 122

There is nothing in the error log either. Any ideas?

Blaine

Forum User
Yep, thats a new function as part of 1.3.9

Why not just upgrade ?

If not add that function - it's in lib-common.php.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

mthomas

Forum User
else grab Blaine's older plugin that was made for 1.3.8

http://www.portalparts.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=5

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
I tried the older version of the site calendar and got the same problem. I couldn't quite figure out how to add the function as Blaine suggested (no doubt i could figure it out but I just bought the new LOTR DVD and I think my time might be better spent by enjoying that) so I think I will just go ahead and upgrade to 1.39...in a few days.

This has the added advantage of allowing me to break and fix my gl in new and even more frustrating ways. LOL

Thanks for the help guys.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content