Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 08:11 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal Error After Installing Chatterblock

reaper

Forum User
I installed chatterblock via the Admin User plugin utility after having created the appropriate directories and uploading the chatterblock files, setting their permissions as I went along. The installation ended with a message declaring that all was well and that I should disable chatterblock if I wanted de-install it.

But as soon as I refreshed my site I get nothing but this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cb_getconfig() (previously declared in /bla/bla/public_html/chatterblock/cb_main.php:29) in /bla/bla/public_html/chatterblock/cb_main.php on line 28

Can someone help please?
The entire site is out... I've tried playing with the permissions but nothing seems to be improving the situation

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No help on the error message, but to get your site back into working order, disable the plugin. If you can't get to the Plugin admin menu, you'll have to do it in the database directly (using phpMyAdmin).

In the gl_plugins table, find the entry for the chatterblock and set the field 'pi_enabled' to 0.

bye, Dirk

reaper

Forum User
Thanks Dirk. Will try that. Been scouring this site for uninstallation of plugin information but can't seem to find any. Any chance of documenting this process?

By uninstallation I mean when the site is no longer accessible, eg Fatal Errors.

Will keep you posted on outcome.

Cheers!

reaper

Forum User
Thanks Dirk! It worked. You're the man.

Mandy

Anonymous
artistic
Hiya

I had this same problem but fixed it, all I needed to do was reupload the cb_main.php file. Somehow it must have been corrupted.

Hope that helps Wink

M...

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content