Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, September 01 2024 @ 01:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

visit.php file instead of geeklog tar file

dawnwich

Forum User
Wow, I am off to a bad start. I can't even download the tar file. This would be a fresh install, if I can get that far. When I click on the download section, I get a visit.php file instead of the proper file. I searched on visit.php in the forums and discovered that this is a problem on most mac browsers, but I see that most of the people getting it seem to have been able to install geeklog and are working on plugins. So am I doing something wrong not to be able to get that far? Or is this a recent problem, since I see it came up this week? Will there be a mac friendly way to get the files? I've been trialing different systems all week, and I'd love to be able to give geeklog a try -- I've seen some really nice pages using it.

dewdoo

Forum User
Chatty
I am running geeklog on my B/W g3 450 Mac. It is running OS X Server 10.3.3. I havent had a problem installing. About 2yrs ago give or take, I used the information at macosxhints.com to install geeklog on server at home.

here

very informative. The only problem I faced, was in my php.ini turning on global_register. I couldnt get my sendmail working until I turned them on.

LMK if you need more info......can u tell us ur system specs ie version of apache,MYSQL,PHP....etc

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by dawnwich: When I click on the download section, I get a visit.php file instead of the proper file.

How big is that file? If it's over 1 MB, simply rename it to geeklog.tar.gz and proceed with unpacking it.

Some browers simply don't get the name of the downloaded file right ...

bye, Dirk

dawnwich

Forum User
Duh, renaming the file worked. I should have thought of that. Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content