Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Multiple Geeklog Sites with 1 user access

Danisk

Forum User
Junior
thirsty
Hi,

I would like to create 2 different portal (using GL) on my website one for my family and another one for my professional use.

I want to create this with only 1 installation of GL so I only have one user/access table and not have 2 installations of GL.

In other word I want to be able to manage 2 GL portal with 1 installation so I can restrict which user has access to the family portal or the professional portal or both.

Maybe it's only a permission thing but I was wondering if someone already did something like that or am I getting a bit to crazy of thinking this is possible.

Thank for any help, comments, suggestions or hack already made.

Danisk
Danisk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's an FAQ entry and lots of posts discussing such setups - try doing a search ...

bye, Dirk

Danisk

Forum User
Junior
embarrassed
Thanks for your help, I went a bit to fast asking my question without checking the FAQ. It seems possible to link 2 GL site with 1 GL code. But by searching the forum nobody seems to have confirm that it's possible to use the same user/access table for 2 or more GL sites.

I'm convince that sharing the user/access table worked, but I think the group permission is still a hassle in GL 1.3.

I've read what the dev team want's to do with GL 2 and I think it will greatly improved the use of GL for power user.

I'll test my 2 GL 1 login and I'll post my feedback.

Thanks and great job.

Danisk
Danisk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content