Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 18 2024 @ 01:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cant Delete the Static Pages

john

Anonymous
I am using the newest geeklog with the static page plugin and through the admin I cant delete the static pages. When I click on delete at the bottom of the edit page of a static window it just refreshes and wont delete. It also copies when I click save so I have mulitple pages of the same thing. Is the plug in corrupt or is this just a bug. Where are the static pages stored so I can go in and manually delete them?

Thanks

Robin

Forum User
gl_staticpage table it is.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

samstone

Forum User
Just to remind you that the letter 'C' next to the static pages list represents 'Copy'. This should give you a clue of what you are encountering. Since it is a copy when you delete it, you don't delet the original. Get it!

If you want to edit that page you need to click the number in front of it.

Yes, I think it is confusing. I hope this feature is either removed or spelled out in the future, to avoid confusing new users. Actually, I am an old user and I just learned it recently. So, I would say, it is confusing for most people.
Wink
Sam

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I've actually added a title attribute to all those links in 1.3.9, hoping that would help (try hovering the mouse over the [C]).

The real bug, IMO, is that you get a "delete" button in the editor even when you just created a new page or made a copy of an existing page. I've noticed this before but then forgot about it ...

bye, Dirk

samstone

Forum User
The real bug, IMO, is that you get a "delete" button in the editor even when you just created a new page or made a copy of an existing page.

Good point! I've never thought of that.

Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content