Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Found 2 problems with upgrade from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9

emasters

Forum User
I followed the instructions for doing the upgrade, including deleting the geeklog tree, etc.

I've come up with 2 things so far that complicated the upgrade.

First, staticpages did not upgrade. The files got where they belonged, but the database did not update. As a result there was no sp_inblock field in the staticpages table. If sp was turned on, the home page would not load, generating an error. I corrected this by adding the sp_inblock field to the staticpages table.

Second, I was unable to get into blocks admin. The error log indicated a problem with the SQL for the page. I found line 533 of public_html/admin/block.php to be bad. I straightened it out and now blocks admin works for me. Here are the bad line:
Text Formatted Code
$q = "UPDATE `" . $_TABLES['blocks'] . "` SET `blockorder` = '" . $blockOrd . "' WHERE `bid` = '" . $A['bid'] ."'";

and my clean-up:
Text Formatted Code
$q = "UPDATE ".$_TABLES['blocks']." SET blockorder =".$blockOrd." WHERE bid = ".$A['bid']." ";

Other than these 2 things, everything seems fine. I'm really looking forward to using some of the new features, especially the RSS feed for topics. Almost forgot, the site is teknoids.net.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which MySQL version are you on? The extra quotes in admin/block.php aren't exactly necessary, but they should work just fine ...

bye, Dirk

emasters

Forum User
Hey, forgot about that, hadn't looked at what was running on that box in awhile. Turns out MySQL is at 3.23.39. Time for an update Big Grin
Thanks.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content