Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 01:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Directory install confusing

Jeff

Anonymous
I am trying to install Geek Log and my server is Media Temple. When Log in my file structure is /var/www/html for my public view files. Media temple allows .htaccess and protecting directiories. I am having trouble figuring out how to upload the files correctly. in the /var/www/html I have uploaded the files and contents within the public_html folder of Geek Log. Can I upload the other files and directories outside the public_html into the same /var/www/html/private making a directory inside the public folder and putting a .htaccess on it will that work or do I need to or can I upload it to /var/www instead of /var/www/html/private Please help I thin I am confusing myself more than I need to.

thanks a lot

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Jeff: Can I upload the other files and directories outside the public_html into the same /var/www/html/private making a directory inside the public folder and putting a .htaccess on it will that work

Yes, that would work, but it's only the second-best option.

If possible, the files that are outside of Geeklog's public_html directory should stay outside of the document root (/var/www/html in your case). Put them either in /var/www or in a subdirectory there, e.g. /var/www/geeklog, and adjust the paths in config.php accordingly.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content