Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need Help on installing Forum Plugins

Gremlin

Forum User
Junior
embarrassed
Hello,

I apologize for being "slow" here. I am trying to install forum plugins. I am little bit confused here reading the manual on "New Installation" point 1.3. :

The forum directory under your new plugins/forum/themefiles folder needs to be moved to /public_html/layout/yourlayout directory.

You will need to add the layout files to each of your site theme directory. You need to create a forum subdirectory under each theme directory and place a copy of the plugin layout files.

Copy the new CSS for the forum template layout to your theme style.css file.

The new CSS is defined in the archive /forum/theme-files/additional-forum.css file. The new CSS can just be added to the end of your theme's style.css file.

I just cannot figure it out where the "theme directory" is?

Could somebody please help me. Smile

Thanking you in advance. Smile

Blaine

Forum User
You have a layout directory under your public_html folder. All the directories under layout are themes. One directory and their associated template files per theme.

Theme template files *.thtml contain the HTML for the resulting site layout. You can tweak these files - best to refer to the template documentation.

Most of the plugins that I release require you to copy the plugin related template files to each theme. You only need to do this for the themes you are using.

So for XSilver theme you will have
/public_html/layout/XSilver/forum -- and the underlying forum template directories and files.

You also need to update the theme style.css file with the new plugin CSS definitions. So that would be layout/XSilver/style.css for example.

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content