Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 06:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrade to static pages 1.3.3

Matt

Anonymous
Hi - I just did the install to Static Pages 1.3.3 so that I could evaluate HTML/PHP - whenever I try to save a static page now as HTML only I get this error:

d:208.187.163.136staticpagesindex.php(78) : eval()'d code on line 2

Curious what it could be.

Matt

Anonymous
OK I went back to the version that was shipped with Geeklog 1.3.8 rc2 - and now I am trying to save a static page as PHP. Whenever I do, I get this error code:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in d:\208.187.163.136\staticpages\index.php(78) : eval()'d code on line 1

I can still save it normally but not as PHP. Any ideas why I cannot save my static page?

DTrumbower

Forum User
What is the code you are trying to save?

Matt

Anonymous
I actually just read the FAQ and tried the

return "This is a test";

And it worked fine - so it must be a problem with my code. I'll look deeper into it.

Joey C

Anonymous
Quote by DTrumbower: What is the code you are trying to save?

When upgrading or installing the newest static pages plugin, it will probably put ('Winks and/or (\)s in the old page files... You probably need to go into the pages, and remove these "new" additions. ie: \ or ' .

The best way is to copy the static page coding, put it into a text editor, and use find/replace, first find for example \" , then choose to replace it with plain old " .

Hope this helps... These characters are what is giving you the error, because when they are in the coding of the pages you made b4 new upgrade, the php will not parse them correctly...

Joey C

Anonymous
determined
Sorry, that post didn't come out right... I am referring to characters that get "Included" into the old static pages when you upgrade... One character could possibly be an apostraphe ' , and the most common one is a backslash that would be present before quotation characters... "..
Like this "

Hope this post posts correctly...

JoeyCraig

Forum User
If you open up one of your static pages that you had previous to the upgrade, you'll see the extra characters that where included... I'll try again here to include the characters by using the Code Tags...
Text Formatted Code
 the characters usually added to "Existing" pages are: the apostraphe ', and the backslash ... ie " etc...

Sorry, didn't work, just open up an existing static page, and you'll see the characters that were added...

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content