Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Importing IPB forum data into Geeklog/Forum plugin

Madcat

Forum User
Hi

First of all, I'd like to say that Geeklog is by far the BEST CMS out there. Previously I had used postnuke, but it got broken on daily basis. With geeklog, I'v had ZERO downtimes for several months. Geeklog is fast, secure, easy and powerful - everything one would expect from a CMS. But I guess you hear this all the time, so I'll get right to the point.

I'm trying to figure out how to import my Invision Power Board forum content (including users/passwords) into Geeklog/Forum plugin. I'm not much of a SQL expert, so I'm kinda stuck. I searched around Google and this site, but came up empty - perhaps I was asking the wrong question?

Is there any automated way to do it, or some known tutorials/workarounds for it? Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Madcat.

Madcat

Forum User
Well, little update. I finally managed to select the needed fields from IPB users table and insert them into Geeklog users table, but none of the users can log in. Getting SQL error:
Text Formatted Code
Wed Nov 19 01:51:23 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL
syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: DELETE FROM
gl2_sessions WHERE uid =

What does deleting entry from gl2_sessions have to do with logging in? Shouldn't that be done when logging out? Any ideas?

Madcat.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content