Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 30 2024 @ 01:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static Pages 1.3.2 bug analysis

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hello All,

I'm working on fixing the problems that people have experienced with my Static pages 1.3.2 upgrade/hack. As many of you know, some people report problems of extra slashes being added.

This bug has been sproadic. SOme people experience it, and others don't. I think I may have traced the problem down to the magic_quotes_gpc setting. This setting autmatically adds slashes to all get/post data. What I am attempting to do now is build a new version of the page which detects whether this mode is already enabled, and if so, does not add extra slashes.

I need a few people who would be willing to test this version on their servers, particularly those who have the magic_quotes_gpc setting turned ON (This is set in your php.ini file) (my server has the setting turned off) Please post here, or e-mail me if you would be willing to assist me.

Thanks,

Alex~

Whoosh

Anonymous
Yes, of course. This makes a lot of sense. I have magic quotes on and I think this is why I have had problems with this plugin. I have sent an email to you, so if you wish, just respond with any code to test and I will install it.

vadertech

Forum User
i can help test it. I get the annoying backslashes. beowulfx@isdp.net
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
My regular e-mail address is not functioning right now, so if you are interested in assing with this, please use my other address which I'm breaking up here to prevent spam-bots. alexx is the usern ame and the domain is eyedocgreg d0t com.

Thanks,

Alex~

P.S. If you want to post your e-mail here ,I can e-mail you the updates directly as well.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ok, time for round two....

I heard back from a couple people and realized there was a minor coding glitch on my part *sigh* If you have the beta for Staticpages 1.3.3, you will needc to make the following change (or e-mail me and I'll send you a new version) (Also, anyone else who would like to assist in testing is welcome to mail me, or post here, and I'll send you a beta version)

in the admin/plugins/staticpages/index.php file:

change line 557 from:
Text Formatted Code

if(get_magic_quotes_gpc == 0)

to
Text Formatted Code

if(get_magic_quotes_gpc() == 0)

Let me know if this fixes it for you. (I sadly can't change the magic_quotes_gpc setting on my server to test this.)

Thanks,
Alex~
P.S. My regular e-mail is back up, so you can mail me at either location, or post here.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
Whoosh has reported that this fix appears to have worked for him. Please let me know if anyone still has problems after making this modification. (Also let me know if it works.)

I'll plan on a public release in a few days.

Exaurdon~

Whoosh

Anonymous
Yup. This works wonderfully. This is an upgrade worth integrating into the standard GL package.

Nicely done.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content