Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 09:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Featured Article MUST appear on front page

Adrian

Anonymous
determined
When I try to set an article to \"featured\" AND \"appear in topic only\", it automatically makes itself the featured article on the main page (i.e. \"appear on main page\"). So I can\'t have a seperate main page feature article from my \"topic-only\" featured articles. So when I add a topic-only feature article it immediately bumps the old main page feature article down to regular article status and assumes its place at the top of the main page. I am running Geeklog 1.3.8-1. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug or \"as designed\"? Thoughts? Adrian

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Adrian:Is this a bug or \"as designed\"?
This is \"as designed\", currently. bye, Dirk

Adrian

Anonymous
OK. On a related note, I\'ve created a topic with no articles in it. When people click on it, it displays a static page. However, it also displays the \"there are no articles or your permissions are not sufficient to view them\" error message. I don\'t want this error message to be displayed to users. Is there any way to suppress it? Either in a config somewhere or by stripping out its template (if it has one)? I use the empty topic (\"Portfolio\") as an umbrella topic entry on the sections menu for the topics within my portfolio. It works flawlessly except for this error message re: no articles in this topic. Just need to nix that somehow. Thanks, AdrianCrook.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content