Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 04:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error uploading the sql tables

Daniel

Anonymous
freakingout
i try uploading the php file with the tables in using phpMyAdmin and when i do i get this following error:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Daniel: i try uploading the php file with the tables in using phpMyAdmin
Why? Please read the installation instructions again. Specifically the section that states
You only need to create an empty database - the install script (see below) will create the tables for you.
bye, Dirk

Daniel

Anonymous
ok yep ur right but when i just upload the files in the same format i just get an index of files... go to members.lycos.co.uk/freebsstuff to see what i mean

DTrumbower

Forum User
Your not going to be able to install geeklog on tripod. They have register_globals= off it needs to be register_globals=on. Looks like you just uploaded the files and thats it. There is an install script http://members.lycos.co.uk/freebsstuff/public_html/admin/install/install.php But like said previously, tripod is not geeklog friendly.

Daniel

Anonymous
ok i was wondering why eevry time i tried to use the instal it dint work well... wats a gd free host that surports geeklog? ty

DTrumbower

Forum User
Don\'t know of a good free host. Many inexpensive host do exist. though.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content