Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

can log as admin but not as user

David

Anonymous
Hi, i looked at different post and it seems i can\'t find any good answer Frown here\'s my problem: i installed 1.3.8-1 and everything seemed to work fine as long as i\'m logged as admin. i can create user, give rights, post stories ... When i realized that i was posting stuf as admin, i wanted to create a specific user for me to post under my name, local on the server. And here is the problem: with this user and although he has root rights, i can login and see my name in the who\'s login block but i get the login form as soon as i click on something in the admin block (like add a new story for instance) ... what\'s more strange is that another user with the same rights but on a remote machine can do everything he\'s allowed to ... weird no ? What I tried: - verified the site urls but no pb with that since everything is working fine for the remote user - verified that cookies were accepted and they are - changed the cookiedomain from \'\' to \'.localhost\' but worse since i can\'t even log as admin Frown Thanx in advance for any help Wink

David

Anonymous
Hi again, I made a test and tried to login on my site from a remote machine with my login (the one with my name) and everything is fine now: i can post stories ... does this helps find the kind of problem it could be ? does something prevent a user from accessing the site from the same machine as the server ?

Dave

Anonymous
PS: when i say \"everything is fine now\' in my previous post, i mean it\'s ok on a remote machine, my login still doesn\'t work locally Frown

DTrumbower

Forum User
Delete your cookie and try again. Also in the config.php, put your domain in the $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] variable.

David

Anonymous
thanx but already tried the delete cookie Frown concerning domain, my site url is based on an IP, no domain associated with it, what should i pu in the cookie domainname ? i tried .localhist but it\'s worse. and why would it work when i access the server from a remote station and not on the same machine as the server ?

DTrumbower

Forum User
When locally, are you using the ip for the URL or localhost?

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content