Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 07:36 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Queries regarding postings and comments.

salem

Anonymous
awake
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this.... I\'ve recently installed GL... I\'ve a couple of problems and questions: 1. Even after a user logs on, when they comment on a story, the comment is shown as being posted by Anonymous. 2. When reading a story that has a couple of comments, is there a way to show all the comments - rather than just one? 3. I\'d like to make the \"Get Published\" (which is effectively the post a story) more obvious.... is there any easy way to do this? Thanks for all your help!

Robin

Forum User
Quote by salem: 2. When reading a story that has a couple of comments, is there a way to show all the comments - rather than just one?
Yes choose Nested from drop down list. To make it permanent go to Your Preferences and there are Comments settings.
Quote by salem: 3. I\'d like to make the \"Get Published\" (which is effectively the post a story) more obvious.... is there any easy way to do this?
There is a file called english.php, edit it find \"Get Published\" and change it to whatever you wish.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by salem:1. Even after a user logs on, when they comment on a story, the comment is shown as being posted by Anonymous.
Then they aren\'t really logged in. Can they see their preferences or do they still have the log-in form?
Quote by salem:3. I\'d like to make the \"Get Published\" (which is effectively the post a story) more obvious.... is there any easy way to do this?
In addition to Robin\'s answer: You can also change that link in the template files. See the FAQ. bye, Dirk

Salem

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by salem:1. Even after a user logs on, when they comment on a story, the comment is shown as being posted by Anonymous.
Then they aren\'t really logged in. Can they see their preferences or do they still have the log-in form?
If I log in using the login box on the left, following \"logging in\" the log on box is still there.... but the user is shown in the \"whos online\" list. If I click personalise to modify permissions, I\'m told I\'m not logged on.

Salem

Anonymous
Quote by Robin:
Quote by salem: 2. When reading a story that has a couple of comments, is there a way to show all the comments - rather than just one?
Yes choose Nested from drop down list. To make it permanent go to Your Preferences and there are Comments settings. ever you wish.
Is there any way to make this the default on the whole site? For every user? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Salem:Is there any way to make this the default on the whole site? For every user?
In config.php bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Salem:If I log in using the login box on the left, following \"logging in\" the log on box is still there....
Then you\'re not really logged in. Make sure your browser accepts cookies from the site. You may also need to set the \'cookiedomain\' variable in config.php. bye, Dirk

Salem

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:Make sure your browser accepts cookies from the site. You may also need to set the \'cookiedomain\' variable in config.php.
That makes sence - at the moment the site is installed in a domain, but it\'s being accessed via another domain.... It\'s actually located at www.domain1.co.uk/geeklog/ But users access it via a masked address www.domain2.co.uk If I access the site directly (full domain1 address) all works fine... So... is there a problem to overcome the problem while accessing the site through the masked domain? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Salem:So... is there a problem to overcome the problem while accessing the site through the masked domain?
Cookies can only be set for the site they\'re coming from (i.e. for the actual domain). I don\'t see a way to make your current setup work. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:36 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content