Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 06:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

another

josef verbanac

Anonymous
just gotten around to upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 -- however, I'm finding that I can not view any of the static pages which were created previously, even while logged in as Admin.

the center block displays the following:
"Access Denied
Access to this page is denied. Either the page has been moved/removed or you do not have sufficient permissions."

I can, oddly enough, view/edit/delete them via the Admin/Static Pages control panel.

I've been reading through the forum and have solved a number of other access probs by making permissions changes to the recommended folders and files, setting the '$_CONF['cookiedomain']' correctly, and even adding the .htaccess file for register_globals to be on (although I'm not sure this is the problem because I never witnessed this sort of behavior in the previous install).

since this is a test site still in its infancy, do I just need to purge them all and start over?

cheers and thanks in advance,
josef

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, never heard of problems like these before ... Is it only the Static Page plugin that you\'re having trouble with or do you have similar (access) problems with other things (stories, blocks, ...), too? I can only assume that something may have gone wrong when upgrading the static pages plugin. Can you check that the permission fields in the static pages table have sensible (i.e. non-zero) values? bye, Dirk

samstone

Forum User
I have had the problem before since I have upgraded two sites lately. But unfortunately, I don\'t remember how I resolve it.

I guess I went into the PHPMyAdmin and manually changed the permissions. The StaticPages 1.3 has some changes on the tables. You need to look into it.

The only encouragement I can give you is that it is a solvable problem if you do some investigation. I had over a hundred static pages on one of the sites and I would cry if I had to rebuild all of them.

Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content