Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 12:16 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

error

xstrike

Anonymous
http://www.sciencesociety.net/ge/public_html/admin/install/check.php Path to Geeklog:/home/ss/public_html/ge-->is it? keep having this error 1050: Table \'gl_access\' already exists even though i change the mysql

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I\'d suggest you fix that parse error first (see my reponse to your other post). Your path looks okay, although this is not a recommended way to install Geeklog (your config.php and other files outside of the public_html directory are accessible via the web, but they shouldn\'t). And please do yourself and all of us a favour and read the installation instructions and the typical errors cases listed in there again carefully. Thanks. bye, Dirk

xstrike

Anonymous
(your config.php and other files outside of the public_html directory are accessible via the web, but they shouldn\'t). i don\'t understand this-->care to explain properly?

xstrike

Anonymous
what to do next?

xstrike

Anonymous
i got this error when i type www.sciencesociety.net/ge/public_html/index.php Parse error: parse error in /home/ss/public_html/ge/public_html/lib-common.php on line 4183 Fatal error: Call to undefined function: plg_showcenterblock() in /home/ss/public_html/ge/public_html/index.php on line 67 how to solve this?

xstrike

Anonymous
*** dummy entry *** got this from the logs

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by xstrikeRazzarse error: parse error in /home/ss/public_html/ge/public_html/lib-common.php on line 4183
This has been posted here before (please try the search function next time), but here we go again: Your lib-common.php file is corrupted and you need to start over with a fresh copy of that file. Don\'t use WinZip, Dreamweaver or any of the other usual suspects. Use a simple text editor to make the one change to that file.
Quote by xstrike: (your config.php and other files outside of the public_html directory are accessible via the web, but they shouldn\'t). i don\'t understand this-->care to explain properly?
There\'s a lengthy section in the installation instructions about this. Here\'s the short summary: Everything outside of Geeklog\'s public_html directory should not be accessible via a URL for security reasons. See also this thread. Please take your time to actually read the installation instructions - it\'s all in there. If you\'re stuck, see the list of common problems (also in the installation instructions) or try a search here on the site. It\'s really not that complicated, you just need to be a little bit more careful with what you do. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:16 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content