Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 02:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can\'t log into site...

neophite

Forum User
determined
It has taken me about 24 hrs. to figure out how to get my GeekLog up and running LOL I just got my index page presentation with the \"default\" theme, I believe is xSilver. I see where the images should be, but NO images. I followed the directions about logging in using the Admin and also tried using the Moderator...but to NO avail! I get my custom domain 404 HTML page, and in the address bar it is trying to bring up the users.php. Can someone tell me why I don\'t have any images on my Geeklog page and why I am unable to log in (even trying to add myself as a new user, takes me to my domain\'s default 404 HTML page (page not found). Thanking you in advance for any assistance that you can offer.. Warmest Regards, ///Bob
Warmest Regards,
Bob Miedema

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I would assume your setting for $_CONF[\'site_url\'] is not correct. Make sure it points to that directory where Geeklog\'s index.php and lib-common.php files reside. bye, Dirk

neophite

Forum User
confused
Quote by Dirk: I would assume your setting for $_CONF[\'site_url\'] is not correct. Make sure it points to that directory where Geeklog\'s index.php and lib-common.php files reside. bye, Dirk
Yes my site_url is correct..before I had that correct, it wouldn\'t pull up the index.php, but kept giving me parse errors. I have my geeklog set up on my website for experimentation, until I get this program running correctly. I want to use it as my website. In the mean time, I changed the public_html directory to a sub directory of my public_html (root) directory of my site (named html). Now, my URL in the config.php is for the geeklog directory. It does not have the original public_html directory (that came in the geeklog package) located as a sub directory of my geeklog directory, could this be my problem? This directory is changed to a directory title html in my root directory (public_html) on my hosting server. When I wrote the above first post, I had several times been getting the index.php to appear, but without any graphic images (I of coursee could see the little X boxes (as seen with static html pages,when there is a missing graphic or incorrect URL)..and I couldn\'t log into the site, as I had previously stated. Now, after having checked my URL in my config.php and clearing the blank or white spaces at the bottom of the file and saving the file, I tried pulling up the index.php in the html directory and the following error message occured (several occurances, each the same message)..have any ideas? ------------------- Parse error: parse error in /home2/miedema/public_html/html/lib-common.php on line 3036 Fatal error: Call to undefined function: plg_showcenterblock() in /home2/miedema/public_html/html/index.php on line 67 ------------------- I found that line 3036 is the code area of the lib-common.php involved in the checking and stripping of unacceptable html code.. Thank you in advance for any assistance, I am sure that this is my fault, but I don\'t know what or where I may have screwed up Evil
Warmest Regards,
Bob Miedema

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by neophiteRazzarse error: parse error in /home2/miedema/public_html/html/lib-common.php on line 3036
This sounds like a corrupted lib-common.php. You must have used an editor that can\'t handle the mixture of HTML and PHP in lib-common.php (Dreamweaver?). Use a fresh copy of that file and use another editor, please. If you can\'t get your site to work then, please post your path and URL settings. bye, Dirk

neophite

Forum User
freakingout
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by neophiteRazzarse error: parse error in /home2/miedema/public_html/html/lib-common.php on line 3036
This sounds like a corrupted lib-common.php. You must have used an editor that can\'t handle the mixture of HTML and PHP in lib-common.php (Dreamweaver?). Use a fresh copy of that file and use another editor, please. If you can\'t get your site to work then, please post your path and URL settings. bye, Dirk
Dirk... Thanks for such a \"Super Quick\" response Big Grin I did replace the lib-common.php (I do use an online text editor, available through my webhost control panel) and now my index.php page comes up. I also changed my default theme to \"Classic\" and can see the block headers and such now, but NO graphics. However, any link (which does in fact call up files in my GEEKLOG directory) presents a \"default\" 404 file (file not found). Do I have to make changes to each of .php files in my GEEKLOG directory? I haven\'t done any other editing than what I have stated above with the site theme. I am at a loss as to what is going on. Twisted I can\'t log into my Admin/Moderator or even create a new user account Cry Please check this URL to my Geeklog Thanks again for your fantastic assistance and patience Big Grin
Warmest Regards,
Bob Miedema

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As I said before, your setting for $_CONF[\'site_url\'] is not correct. It seems you have $_CONF[\'site_url\'] = \'http://www.bobmiedema.com/geeklog\'; while it should really be $_CONF[\'site_url\'] = \'http://www.bobmiedema.com/html\'; bye, Dirk

neophite

Forum User
cheerful
Quote by Dirk: As I said before, your setting for $_CONF[\'site_url\'] is not correct. It seems you have $_CONF[\'site_url\'] = \'http://www.bobmiedema.com/geeklog\'; while it should really be $_CONF[\'site_url\'] = \'http://www.bobmiedema.com/html\'; bye, Dirk
I feel like such an \"idiot\"...you are correct! Oops! It even says the path for the INDEX.PHP - I just overlooked the information given in the file. Well, I changed the URL, after I read the directions again in the file, I knew that you had figured out my problem correctly. My first attemp after making the above change and guess what? My Geeklog: login, etc. works fine Big Grin Thanks Dirk again and again....
Warmest Regards,
Bob Miedema

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content