Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 01:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Custom User Registration Form

ronack

Forum User
I decided that I need to use the CURF (Custom User Registration Form) so I installed the table. However when I view the form none of the data that should be there shows up. Like username, and email address which should already be there. If I set the option in config back to false I see the information. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

ronack

Forum User
Ok here\'s a better analysis of what is going on. When I log on as a plain old every day user and I click on Account Information or Profile if you prefer, it takes me to a \"New Member User Registration\" page. The address says usersettings.php?mode=edit. No information is displayed in the blocks. Information I put in there will update the user information but will not update the custom_memberinfo table. All in all it seems to only update the email address and username in USERS table. It does nothing to custom_membership table. I thought this was working at one time but it sure isn\'t working right now.

Blaine

Forum User
The code and table distributed with 1.3.8 is just an example. You need to develop a custom set of functions to meet your needs. If you have custom requirements and need assistance, you can contact me for custom work. I included a complete set of functions and code with 1.3.8 and it should provide a programer with the necessary examples.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ronack

Forum User
I\'ve gotten the user portion of Custom Registration working and I\'m trying to document my changes. Now I\'m working on the Admin portion but. I guess this wasn\'t quite ready for the 1.3.8 release.

Blaine

Forum User
The hooks should be there as well for admin including reviewing the user submission in the submission editor which will show the custom form and data for the admin. I believe only Admin and the member can view and edit the extended registration information. I have a site that has been running this for several months. I then standardized the custom work when I implemented it into GL 1.3.8. I had to strip down the extensive forms and code that I had to create a simplifed example.

ronack

Forum User
Okay great, which file has the admin hooks? I have searched a lot of pages for that admin hooks and can\'t seem to find them. Anyone???

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ronack I am quite interested in this custom user information. I am looking for a way to store the following for users: NameFirst NameLast Address AddZIP AddState AddCountry Tel I would later like to have special areas where members can find other members from same zip. I am not very experienced in PHP but would be interested to see what you come up with when you are done (if possible) to get ideas for doing this. Thanks!

Blaine

Forum User
This is exactly what the new API calls which were added in GL 1.3.8 are for. The hooks are there now to call your custom forms and save the extended information to your new table. It does require you to write custom PHP to handle the add/edit/delete for this extended information.

ronack

Forum User
As you see Blaine, It\'s not as easy as you say. First you have to add the extra fields to custom_memberinfo table. Second you have to redo the custom/memberdetail.thtml and Third enable it in config.php. Those are the easy parts. If you just do that it wont work. Now you have to go change the code to reflect the new fields. The insert funchtion around lines 171 and usersave function around line 183. I think that was it for the user being able to input and change the data. Now this only makes the user side of this work. As for the admin side, I have yet to get that to work and that\'s what I need help with. Maybe you left something out I don\'t know but it\'s just not working. Of course I may be to dumb to figure this out since I\'m not a PHP guru.

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
And don\'t forget that you have to also make it viewable in: Memberlist - New columns if you want (Like Phone) Profile of course And in Amdin User list and Admin user detail as you say. And you need to wrap security context around those. Not sure if possible, but you can set no Anonymous viewing of those member details, then these new items need to be wrapped in that context.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content