Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 10:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

no admin functions

craymond

Forum User
Junior
New user, new site, and no admin functionality. Logging in is fine, I can edit user functions as admin but nothign under the \"Admins Only\". If I\'ve missed some documentation please point the way. Thanks in advance.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by craymond:Logging in is fine, I can edit user functions as admin but nothign under the \"Admins Only\".
What do you mean? What happens? Taking a wild guess: Are you sure you have register_globals=on? bye, Dirk

craymond

Forum User
Junior
Globals are ON. When I click on any of the following links I eventually get an error dialog box that reads \"A connection failure has occured\". Admins Only Submissions (3) Stories (1) Blocks (10) Topics (2) Links (1) Events (0) Polls (1) Users (3) Groups (14) Mail Users (N/A) Plugins (1) Static Pages (N/A) DB Backups (N/A) GL Version Test (1.3.8)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by craymond:When I click on any of the following links I eventually get an error dialog box that reads \"A connection failure has occured\".
Is this the site we\'ve been talking about before? I noticed that it had a pre-configured (by your hosting service) admin directory. If you haven\'t done so already, you will need to rename Geeklog\'s admin directory to something else (e.g. \"myadmin\") and change the $_CONF[\'site_admin_url\'] in config.php accordingly. bye, Dirk

craymond

Forum User
Junior
That was it. Thank you.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content