Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:35 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installing Geeklog in other folder than public_html

Toby Allen

Forum User
Heya there, This is a post about me trying to install geeklog into another folder that is not public_html. My server is hosted at pair too, so you guys at Geeklog know the deal. I tried changing the config file so that it checks the files in /usr/www/users/themill/geeklog/ plublic_html links to /usr/www/users/ However, in my folder - themill/ I have different folders for each site. Thus what I would like to do is install Geeklog in a new folder - /usr/www/users/themill/geeklog/ and then set my URL to go to that folder. This is fine, but for the files that aren\'ts seen by the public, that are placed outside the public_html, this is where the script goes wrong and doesn\'t like me. I tried this /usr/home/themill/geeklog/ - didn\'t work /usr/www/users/themill/geeklog_private/ - didn\'t work. It returns to me that - During installation, I get the following errors: \"Parse error: parse error in ../../lib-common.php on line 2231 \" \"Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in ../../lib-common.php on line 335 \" But it\'s the full path, how can that be wrong?? Thanks for any help. Toby. allent@outoftheboxent.com

rawdata

Forum User
Usually errors in the middle of lib-common.php are due to a corrupted file unless you made a modification at or near line 2231 yourself. If you didn\'t, then pull a fresh copy of lib-common.php and use a plain text editor.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:35 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content