Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:16 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cannot sign into Geeklog Site....

ola_one

Forum User
Hello all, I found that I whad finished my geeklog installation because the url shows success.php, but the page says \"The page cannot be found\" However, when I browse to the site, I see the \"geeklog\" site. I put geeklog in quotes because I can tell that it is the site, but I do not see all the buttons at the top (six in all denoted by a red X).. The site shows my site name and it is a welcome screen with Todays Featured Article Welcome to Geeklog... It also says that there are two user names Admin and Moderator and that their passwords is password. The left tab shows me Topics- Home, General News (0/0), and Geeklog(1/1) When I clicked on the Admin link or any other link on the page, I get: The page cannot be found. I tried using the login to login with the admin account and I get the same message.. Is there something else that I need to do? Please help everyone.... Thanks in advance....

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ola_one:I put geeklog in quotes because I can tell that it is the site, but I do not see all the buttons at the top (six in all denoted by a red X)..
Then your setting for $_CONF[\'site_url\'] is not correct. It needs to hold the URL to where the index.php and lib-common.php reside. That should fix your other problem, too. bye, Dirk

ola_one

Forum User
Thanks a million Dirk... I have finally been Geeked.......Now what? Hope I did not sound bad with the now what statement, but now that I got the site, is there a manual/book that teaches me how to add contents to the site... Say the how to change some of the links or add new links to the site.. Do I need to do more configurations to make the site functional... Thanks in advance

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ola_one:is there a manual/book that teaches me how to add contents to the site...
I\'m afraid there isn\'t. Most things shouldn\'t be too complicated, though (or so I hope). Have a look at all the things you can do from your admin menu, read the documentation for the config file, ... That should give you an idea about what\'s there.
Quote by ola_one:Say the how to change some of the links or add new links to the site..
Depends on what you mean by \"link\" ...
Quote by ola_oneBig Grino I need to do more configurations to make the site functional...
Your site is already functional. It really depends on what you want to do with it. Surely you had something in mind before you went out, downloaded and installed this software? bye, Dirk

ola_one

Forum User
Thanks a million Dirk... The idea behind my getting on the bandwagon is just to share pictures and stories with my family across the oceans... I just have never used or coded anything before....So getting it to this point was quite baffling and I did not know if I needed more configurations or if there is a book that I can get like the MySql Cookbook or something.... But all in all, you have been more than excellent in helping out... Really appreciate it. Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ola_one:The idea behind my getting on the bandwagon is just to share pictures and stories with my family across the oceans...
You already have what is needed to share stories. For pictures, you may want to install one of the various image galleries availble (search for Gallery, 4images, Geekary, Mig).
Quote by ola_one:I just have never used or coded anything before....
As you see, there\'s usually no need for any coding . bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:16 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content