Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
Hi there - I am upgrading to 1.3.8 from 1.3.7 and am getting this error after I choose the option to \'Upgrade Database\' (1.3.7): 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near \'( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, ipaddress varchar(15) NOT NUL\' at line 1 I opened the error log and it displays ***dummy entry*** I tried to upgrade again and am getting this error: 1060: Duplicate column name \'is_default\' Can someone help please? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Leita:1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near \'( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, ipaddress varchar(15) NOT NUL\' at line 1
That\'s the update script trying to create the new gl_speedlimit table. Did you forget to update lib-database.php?
Quote by Leita:I opened the error log and it displays ***dummy entry***
Translation: No errors yet (errors during the install are not recorded in error.log).
Quote by Leita:I tried to upgrade again and am getting this error: 1060: Duplicate column name \'is_default\'
Yep, you now have a database that is half-way updated. The safest thing to do would be to use your database backup, make sure you\'ve replaced all new files and try again. bye, Dirk

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
Ahh yes, for some reason, not all the new files uploaded. I kept getting errors when I was uploading. I am certain all files are uploaded now - with the current date, but I am still getting the 1060 error.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Leita:I am certain all files are uploaded now - with the current date, but I am still getting the 1060 error.
So did you restore your old database? As I said, your database is half-updated now, so it will choke on it when you try to run the update script. bye, Dirk

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
Hi there ,) Yes, I restored my old database and reuploaded everything.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content