Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 01:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Improving readability of page navigation with Smooth Blue theme

rv8

Forum User
Regular Poster

I like the look of the Smooth Blue theme, but on some monitors it can be difficult to quickly see which page of a series of pages you are on. If you look at the page navigation spot at the bottom of the page (where it says "Previous 1 2 3 4 Next"), the current page is in bold black, and the other pages are in bold dark blue. If you put the cursor over a number, the numbers with links change colour a bit, and they become underlined. But in many situations the underline is very close to another horizontal line, so it is difficult to see.

The bottom line is that the bold black and bold dark blue text are too similar, so it is often difficult to figure out which page you are on.

I decided to make the text for the current page to be normal, not bold. That makes it clearly different from the other numbers, so it is much easier to see which page you are on. You need to modify lib-common.php to make this happen.

Look for the function COM_printPageNavigation. Look for three lines like:

Text Formatted Code

if( $pgcount == $curpage )
         {
            $retval .= '<b>' . $pgcount . '</b> ';

change the third line to:

Text Formatted Code

$retval .= ' ' . $pgcount . ' ';

There is a single space between each pair of apostrophes.

This will affect all themes, but I don't find the effect objectionable, and it greatly helps with Smooth Blue. You can see the effect on my web site, if you select the Smooth Blue theme using the Theme Changer block.

Kevin Horton

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content