Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Referrers Block Updated

demianturner

Forum User
The referrers block has been updated, the following improvements are now available:
  • fixed bug where empty reflog.txt would break script
  • referrers now sorted by hits, from greatest to least
  • referrers now have formatted display so long URLs don't mess up your page layout
  • cron job instructions now included so reflog.txt is wiped at least once every 24 hours
Full instructions at PHPkitchen

By the way, Geeklog is sadly getting it's ass kicked over at the PHPkitchen awards, please drop by and do something about this travesty.

Anonymous

Anonymous
GeekLog is getting its butt kicked by, quite simply, ignorance. And to tell the truth, I'd rather keep it that way. Let the Nukers nuke themselves for all we care, while we are the few... The proud...

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi, Thanks for the referrer. I just installed it on my site. Worked lke a charm. I did not like having the design in the code though. I thought it would have been better if you used stylesheet code. I liked how you had everything in functions. I did not like the idea of defining the same thing in more than one location. I added 'mydomain' to config.php and then I just put the value from my config.php file in the lgf-reflog.php

Anonymous

Anonymous
I see you have this geared towards *nix systems. I think many win32 systems are starting to run geeklog not too.

demianturner

Forum User
if by design you mean font face='Courier New', this had to be added because the referrer formatting required a monospaced font. adding this to the css would mean on *more* file for users to modify, no?

demianturner

Forum User
I use the same code on windows and linux servers without any problems

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content