Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:51 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

finiserv.com got geeked

Creator

Forum User
Well, I've finally gone and done it... My main site, finiserv.com got geeked with a new theme and a twist to the ordinary GeekLog approach. Enjoy.
L. Whitworth

tomw

Forum User
Looks good -- my question is why did you decide to get rid of the left side blocks and not the right side blocks -- just trying to be different? Wink I have noticed several websites lately with that style of layout and it is eyecatching. You did not say it clearly, but I will. If you are looking for website hosting from someone who understands geeklog and has contributed to the community -- look at finiserv.com. TomW

Creator

Forum User
Thanks, Tom. Yes, I was trying to be different but I guess these people beat me to it. :-( Were those geeklog sites? Can you tell me where to find them so I can have a look-see?

About the hosting, yes, I need to mention that. Thanks. Do you think I should provide GeekLog installation services? So that anyone who gets a hosting account can already have a basic and clean GeekLog installation to begin with? Moreover, should I charge a nominal fee for this service (which really is a no-brainer for clean installs... every time) or provide it as a free bonus (since it IS open source anyway) to new customers?

---
L. Whitworth
www.finiserv.com

L. Whitworth

tomw

Forum User
I do not remember off the top of my head where these sites were, but I will look back at history and send em to when I find them. I can't help you about charging for setting up a geeklog site, if that was the only thing you were selling then yes, I would say charge for it. But since you are also selling hosting, then that is up to you. Don't be too bashfull about advertising your service, others aren't. TomW

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:51 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content