Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 01:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Link Editor and SQL 1064 Error

UUMickey

Anonymous
I have been reading this section trying to figure out how to fix this, but I am not having any luck. While trying to add links for a new install (and a Gallery integration), I am getting the following when I try to submit a link: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1 This is the error (the same as has been reported here previously): Sun Jun 22 20:14:56 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT usern ame FROM gl_users WHERE uid = The UID is blank. I have cleared my cookies, closed my browser, restarted it, and the problem keeps happening. I can reproduce it in IE and in Opera. I have no links in the database besides the default Geeklog one. I am open to suggestions. I've no idea what the problem is Smile

nate.AAU

Anonymous
I experienced this error as well on a couple of sites, and traced it back to a php upgrade (to 4.3.3) To resolve the problem, I added the following near the top of lib-common.php, after "error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR);": /** * Fix php4.3.3 variable brokenness */ $HTTP_SERVER_VARS =& $_SERVER; $HTTP_ENV_VARS =& $_ENV; $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS =& $_COOKIE; $HTTP_GET_VARS =& $_GET; $HTTP_POST_VARS =& $_POST; $HTTP_POST_FILES =& $_FILES; $HTTP_SESSION_VARS =& $_SESSION; ---AllAboutUptime.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content