Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:56 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Link Editor Allowing HTML

mikesee

Forum User
I would like to be able to allow html when adding Links using the Link editor. What files do I need to modify to set this up and what code do I need to modify. I'm thinking it's the submit.php file but am not entirely sure. I would like to give it the same filtered html that is allowed for story submissions. PS I'm using htmlarea and in it's installation notes it talks about adding htmlarea to the Link Editor which I set up according to the note and it just doesn't work as compared to htmlarea which I've also set up for story submission.

Robin

Forum User
Try:
submit/submitlink.thtml

and
admin/link/linkeditor.thtml
Geeklog Polish Support Team

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks Robin; I've added the htmlarea code to both of those files and it still isn't working. Yet I have also added the same code to the submit stories editstories php files and it works flawlessly. When I go to the editlink page and type in html manually it also seems to fail which is why I'm wondering if html is somehow disabled by default in the links section for the description area or what to look for if it is supposed to be turned on. I also think it's disabled because the allowed html codes that usually show up at the bottom of the textarea are also not there. Michael

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
HTML is not allowed in link submissions, hence it is being stripped out. Look for strip_tags() calls in submit.php. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:56 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content