Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 06:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

A Newbie In Need

tsemacow

Anonymous
Hi. I'd like to run geeklog on my site but I have a dilemna. I installed phpMyAdmin and everything, but I don't know how to install the databases to get the site running. Like, how do you run a sql query? If any of this makes sense, I'd appreciate the help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You don't need to run any SQL queries - Geeklog's install script will do that for you. The only thing you need to do (in phpMyAdmin, for example) is to create a database. The install script will then create the tables for you. bye, Dirk

Limynali

Forum User
Chatty
If you want to know how to add a new database for your geeklog site, all you need to do is browse to the phpmyadmin folder in your web browser. For example www.mysite.com/phpmyadmin/. Then at the main page there will be a textbox where you can type in a name for the new database. Viola! BTW, it's a huge security risk to leave phpmyadmin unsecured on your webserver. If you haven't already you should either password protect that directory or move it out of the public_html folder.---When I lost my sense of fashion, my other senses were heightened.
Got root?

Anonymous

Anonymous
go to macosxhints.com and follow that guys instructions, they are very thorough. i had no problems installing on linux, and i have never used any sql db before. if you can't find it, do a search for install geeklog.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content