Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Adding/Customizing Story Form Fields

awgf47

Anonymous
I need a clear way to personalize my story editor with new form functions. I'd like to ADD some form fields to it. Let's say for instance, I wanted to add a form field called LOCATION with a drop-down box with all the states. How would I do this?? I know I need to input this field in my database - but what files do I need to change and where do the changes need to be made?? Thanks for any help!

Limynali

Forum User
Chatty
I'm no geeklog expert but I think I can help a little. In addition to adding the fields to the database tables you will also need to change the story templates (*.thtml files) in your theme folders (public_html/layout/<theme>/admin/story/ ?) so that there is a textbox or whatever to input your new data and also you will have to edit the public_html/admin/story.php file so that it saves and populates your new field(s) (look for all those template->setvar... stuff). I'm not completely sure if there isn't more that you have to do. Just remember that backups are your friend and please don't hate me if I'm wrong. :-)---When I lost my sense of fashion, my other senses were heightened.
Got root?

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content