Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 08:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Section Headlines

Voge

Forum User
Hello Developers,I am looking to implement on the homepage, section headline summaries. Where it will contain 3 articles for each topic.ex.Homepage(regular geeklog stuff blocks, featured article etc.)(at the bottom of the homepage)Got Geekedarticle 1article 2article 3Annoucementsarticle 1article 2 article 3etc.....This way users can get a highlight of everything on the sight to see if anything has changed on the first page. I would appreciate any input as to the best way to accomplish this feature so others can benefit from the fruits of my labor. Questions-Would this create too much overhead?-Can this be a block or a plugin?Some quick words of thanks to the powers. I cannot believe how easy it has been to install with my limited *nix experience. Thanks to the Documentation and the search feature on this site, it's a breeze...Thanks,dave

Anonymous

Anonymous
Would this create too much overhead?

No, I don't think so. It won't create anymore overhead than some of the other blocks and plugins people display on their pages.

Can this be a block or a plugin?

Blocks appear on the left and right sides of the page. You can make this into a plugin. You'll need to think through how to make it not display on all the other pages. It's probably easier to do if it appears on the top of the page, but go ahead and try it on the bottom and see how it goes. It would be a neat effect.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content