Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 04:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Version Checker Question

amckay

Forum User
Folks, I just upgraded from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 by doing this : - tarred up the 1.3.6 dir - moved tarfile elsewhere - untarred - renamed to 1.3.7 - untar real 1.3.7 over top of it - edited config.php both for GL and gallery - edited lib-custom to return my functions - edited lib-common.php for /path/to - put table names in lib-database.php - make appropriate apache changes - restart apache Near as I can tell everything is going great and I'm running 1.3.7, but the version checker says I am not. How exactly does the version checker work? There has to be some stupid little thing I missed. Also, sql/updates suggests there is no DB changes from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7. Is this so? thanks, -Alan

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The version checker is very simple, actually. Look at the URL it links to: http://www.geeklog.net/versionchecker.php?version=1.3.7sr1 So it's sending the version you're running on (1.3.7sr1 in the above case) to a script. The script then compares this version number with the current one and displays a message accordingly. The version number that is being sent is the one from this line in config.php: define('VERSION', '1.3.7sr1'); I would assume you still have "1.3.6" there. As for the DB updates: There is no 1.3.6_to_1.3.7.sql file, but the install script has some hard-coded changes, so you should run it when upgrading from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7. bye, Dirk

amckay

Forum User
As it turns out my upgrade method worked great but I was using 1.3.7 that I downloaded 2 weeks ago to upgrade a couple other sites. And in the meantime 1.3.7sr1 is out. So I'll upgrade again. cheers, -Alan

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content