Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 05:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Login required not working?

jmatt

Forum User
Junior
Just installed geeklog (1.3.7) for the first time and started playing with it. I set the option in config.php to require login for comments. If an anonymous user tries to submit a comment, he's not allowed to (good) but he doesn't get a message indicating that login is required. The page just blinks back to the original story page he was on.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, works for me. I.e. a message "Sorry, to access this area you need to be logged in as a user." is displayed and stays there until I click on a link somewhere. There are several ways to post a comment: Use the "post a comment" link under a story (on the front page), use the "reply" button on top of all comments or use the "reply to this" link under a comment. Does it behave the same for all of them? bye, Dirk

isol8

Forum User
Regular Poster
using the reply button I get "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''test',now(),'Sandblasting',0,'article')' at line 1" same thing with the 'post a comment' button and same thing with 'reply to this' I talked to squatty about it a while back and he was aware of it. he posted some code that got around the sql error, but didn't stop anonymous posting. i'm using v1.3.7 as well

jmatt

Forum User
Junior
Hmmm .... now I'm really confused ... I think I've trashed something somehow, but I don't know what. Right after I installed, I tried clicking a comment link, and it gave me the comment entry form and indicated I was an anonymous user. I decided I didn't want anon users adding comments, so I changed that in config.php. and also changed some other stuff. Then when I clicked on the link. it didnt work at all as I reported above. But playing around a little more, it doesn't work after logging in either. And then I changed the config back to allow comments without logging in, and it still doesn't work. So it probably isn't the login required causing the problem; it looks like I broke something else.

jmatt

Forum User
Junior
Well, I never figured out exactly what I broke, but I deleted the whole database and reinstalled, and it seeks to be working OK now. I think I messed up the userids somehow.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content