Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 12:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

gallery integration not giving admin

sancho

Anonymous
I'd like to plea for help regarding my attempted gallery integration per the instructions and files distributed from squatty.com. When I login as the Geeklog site admin and attempt to go into my albums.php for gallery, I see that gallery is wrapped correctly inside of geeklog, and my user info is passed correctly ( It recognizes me by name), however there is no method to administer the gallery (add photos, etc.). I have followed the directions in Integration_Instructions to a "T", copying init.php, wrapper.footer, wrapper.header, User.php and UserDB.php into place and editing config.php as required. The versions: geeklog 1.3.7-1, gallery 1.3.2, geeklogGalleryIntegration_Ver1.3.tar Please help me find a way to have some means of administration restored to gallery from within geeklog. TIA

Creator

Forum User
Hmm... Are you sure that the username you're using has >root< access?---L. Whitworth www.finiserv.com
L. Whitworth

jlhughes

Forum User
In the gallery/classes/geeklog/user.php find the two lines with $this->isAdmin = SEC_inGroup('Root', '$uid'); and change them to $this->isAdmin = SEC_inGroup('Root'); This will enable Gallery to test for Root user under Geeklog 1.3.7 changes to lib-security.php.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I too have problems with Gallery v1.3.2 and GL 1.3.7 running on IIS 5.0 I am able to manage my gallery through the geeked version only (I am recognized as SUPER USER). I can't however connect with GALLERY REMOTE, or run any of the other GALLERY scripts, I get a bad password messsage. If I remove the integration it works fine. Is anybody else using the gallery integration with Windows and IIS and if so are you having the same problems? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Anonymous
This fix *should* do the trick...worked for me on my site running GL 1.3.7 and Gallery 1.3.2.

jlhughes

Forum User
I don't think the problem with Gallery-Geeklog and Gallery Remote is limited to one particular sytem. I am having the same problem where Gallery Remote won't recognize any usernames with Gallery wrapped inside Geeklog. My setup is entirely *nix and Apache. I have not had a chance to explore this, but I believe that Gallery Remote calls a Gallery page that loads the Gallery init.php info. I think the confusion is caused by Gallery seeing itself wrapped but Gallery Remote isn't getting the Geeklog user-DB info. My workaround has been to upload using FTP to a temporary directory and then use the Gallery upload feature to pull the contents of that directory. (Of course, for one or two images, the standard Gallery upload works fine.)

Anonymous

Anonymous
Ah, well if you figure it out please post here! The Gallery Remote is a great tool, I too am doing the ftp upload then importing the whole folder. thanks..

Anonymous

Anonymous
Worked for me as well. Too bad there's no group to administer Gallery from within Geeklog Admin though...

etegration

Forum User
Thanks a lot for the help, was just trying to find a fix to this!
http://www.etegration.com.sg
http://www.itcow.com
http://www.ministryofhosting.com

jlhughes

Forum User
I have found that I was in error in suggesting removing the $uid from the function call. If you simply the quote around $uid it works under lib-security.php in Geeklog v.1.3.7 In the gallery/classes/geeklog/user.php find the two lines with $this->isAdmin = SEC_inGroup('Root', '$uid'); and change them to $this->isAdmin = SEC_inGroup('Root', $uid);

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ok, I don\'t know if this is the right solution for everyone. This Forum Post will make Gallery Remote WORK with GL, but only on the Gallery admin and password user (or users). It does not work with GL security. But for now it\'s all I need because I just want the ease of GRemote to upload photos. I can give my GL users a common name/pw to do the same

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content