Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 04:05 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog and ImageMagick

Anonymous

Anonymous
Anyone have any tips on getting ImageMagick and Geeklog working together? I've just updated to 1.3.7 and installed the latest ImageMagick but when I try to upload a large JPG I get: Image, justplaindrunk.jpg had trouble being resized: My config.php looks like: $_CONF['image_lib'] = 'imagemagick'; // can be netpbm, imagemagick $_CONF['path_to_mogrify'] = '/usr/X11R6/bin/mogrify';

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which version of ImageMagick do you have? As stated in the config.php, you need at least version 5.4.9 bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Just installed 5.4.9 and can run mogrify from /usr/bin/mogrify In the 'path_to_mogrify' - do I just define the path? '/usr/bin' or include mogrify in the path? '/usr/bin/mogrify'?? Thanks much!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
"mogrify" should be included in the path, thus /usr/bin/mogrify bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
That's how I've got it configured. Frown $_CONF['image_lib'] = 'imagemagick'; // can be netpbm, imagemagick $_CONF['path_to_mogrify'] = '/usr/bin/mogrify'; Fresh install of 5.4.9-1 rpms. Are there any other flags I may be missing? I'm assuming from reading the docs that if I define the image_lib then that flags images to be resized if they are too big - correct? Or is there another setting somewhere which controls this possibly? Otherwise I guess I'll see if I can get netpbm working. Thanks much jim

Anonymous

Anonymous
HA! Just switched things over to netpbm and get the same error? So I must be missing something else... jim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Debugging these kinds of problems has turned out to be a real pain in the you-know-where :-( Just a wild guess: Permission problems? Try setting the permissions for the userphotos directory to 777. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Checked that Smile 777. Does the image go into anykind of /tmp directory before being manipulated? I'm digging around upload.class.php trying to figure out what's going wrong. Odd that it bombs for both imagemagick AND netpbm? thanks, jim

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am having exactly the same problem. "Had troubled being resized". Both with imagemagick and nepbm.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Additional info: When I leave the ImageMagick (or Netpbm) on, I also get the unresizable error when I upload a photo that is smaller than the required size. So now I comment this option out so that I can at lease upload the photo to the size limit, until we found the solution. Rocky

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am having the same problem. I am on lunarpages and I did get the path for my server. I am still having problems too. My lines config.php lines look like this: $_CONF['image_lib'] = 'imagemagick'; $_CONF['path_to_mogrify'] = '/usr/local/bin/mogrify';

Anonymous

Anonymous
I get the error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: printerrormsgs() in /Library/WebServer/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 512 What's that about? GL 1.3.6, and I'm not sure which version of ImageMagick I have. I'm running OS X 10.2.3 server. How do I find out if my ImageMagick version is the problem?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I think I found the problem why resizing images with ImageMagick won't work. In both usersettings.php and admin/story.php, you'll find this piece of code:

Text Formatted Code
    if ($_CONF['image_lib'] == 'imagemagick') {
        // Using imagemagick
        $upload->_pathToMogrify = $_CONF['path_to_mogrify'];
    }

Change that to read

Text Formatted Code
    if ($_CONF['image_lib'] == 'imagemagick') {
        // Using imagemagick
        $upload->setMogrifyPath ($_CONF['path_to_mogrify']);
    }

That should fix it.

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Dirk - You are THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Works great! Thanks for the persistance in getting this resolved! jim

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:05 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content