Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 08:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installing in subdomain

greatgerm

Forum User
I'm installing 1.3.6 in a subdomin and am getting db connect errors. I have a working install on the main site. ERROR: Warning: Access denied for user: 'lead4les@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/tacclan/public_html/lead4less/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104 Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'lead4les@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/tacclan/public_html/lead4less/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104 Cannnot connect to DB server It's just localhost for the db server and the username, password and db name are correct.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Check to make sure that user has proper access rights to the database that geek log uses.

greatgerm

Forum User
Like I said the user info is correct.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The error message is quite obvious: The user has no access to the database. So either the user data is not correct or maybe you need to use a different database host instead of "localhost". bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
My geek log has been working fine for months. I made an adjustment to my config.php file and now i get the error: Warning: Access denied for user: 'techmidw@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/techmidw/public_html/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 75 Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'techmidw@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/techmidw/public_html/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 75 Cannnot connect to DB server I never had a problem using the same user name, database name, etc. All I changed was the site name and site slogan in the config.php file. I wonder why it suddenly refuses to work, any Ideas? andyofne andyofne@techmidwest.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content