Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 03:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Center Blocks...

atomicplus

Anonymous
Is there a way to assign blocks to the center in addition to left and right? For example Events and Downloads. Point me to the code perhaps? This is the last piece I need before going live with my live geeked site. Thank you. Atomic.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The center area is meant to be used by the main content - you can only have blocks on the sides. However, it shouldn't be too hard to make the contents of a block display in the center area. Have a look at the file 404.php. You'll see how easy it is to display the header, footer and side blocks. All you need to do then is to find the code for the block you want and make it display instead of the error message that 404.php would display. The code for the built-in blocks is in lib-common.php. For example, function COM_printUpcomingEvents() will display the Events block. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Is it possible to have a php block function display in the "frontpage" static page? I'd like to have my news feed script put it's links in the center rather than either side blocks. Any advice?

Anonymous

Anonymous

You can either use tomw's Static Page Plugin V1.2 or his External Page Plugin. Both will allow you to put PHP code inside the main content area. You can decide if you want to show blocks on the sides.

The Static Page Plugin will store your content inside the database and you can edit it right from your browser. External Pages must be created separately and can be placed anywhere in your directories. The content is not stored in the database but his plugin gives the same GL access, search, and stats capability for it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content