Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 11:05 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Backdoor Access?

squatty

Forum User
Does GL 1.3.6 have the ability to allow a defined admin (either IP or domain) access to the site while $_CONF['site_enabled'] is set to false? What I'm looking for is a way to disable my site for public viewing yet still access the site from my internal subnet. This way I can pound away at my site as I upgrade to verify all is well. Thnx, squatty
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
No there is not way to do this. Submit this as a feature request adn we'll look into it...shouldn't be too hard.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

tomw

Forum User
On most systems index.html is looked for first, thus you can just put a simple index.html with the message you want visitors to see in your html directory and normal visitors will see this message. Access you site internally with the index.php url. Works for me. I have made a fancier page with a site down message and simply rename it to index.html when ever I break something. Tom

erZwo

Anonymous
or edit yout httpd.conf file and put a new Order directive there: <Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents"> Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride None Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from squatty.com </Directory>

Marites

Anonymous
Watch out guys this Chinese link was posted to one of my sites and each link give you a Trojan gist.

Marites

Text Formatted Code
Vinny 11/8/04 - removed trojan post this post refers to

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:05 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content