Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Portal Block on Homepage Only

jahnkehole

Anonymous
There appears to be a bug in the new 1.3.6 code when creating a portal block that is configured to display only on the homepage. The block does not display, and upon inspection in the admin interface, there is no rdf code and the last update time is zeroed out. Setting the portal blcok to display on ALL pages resolves the issue. I've reproduced this on two systems so far. One was a fresh install, the other was an upgrade from a 1.3.5 system. Can anyone else confirm?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Works fine for me - created a new portal block (homeonly), saved it, went to the homepage, did a forced reload in the browser - and there it was. bye, Dirk

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Please note that adding a new portal block can sometimes appear like it doesn't work. It can take a few minutes initially to pull the new XML feed, parse and and get it into the DB. At least that has always been my experience. Just wait a few minutes, try it and if it still doesn't work, verify the URL for the feed and if it is OK then let us know.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

CodaX

Anonymous
I am having this problem also ... here is the thing you set block to hompage only and goto www.yoursite.com it doesn't appear but you goto www.yoursite.com/index.php it appears ... I have no clue why it does this and its late so I'm off to bed maybe I will look into it tomorrow.

CodaX

Anonymous
can't seem to get it to show if it's www.yoursite.com/index.php?msg=8 either. it must just have to be index.php. I found the code in lib-common.php but don't really know what to do with it.

muskrat

Forum User
Chatty
I have this problem, or a minor variation: if I set the portal block to show up on ALL pages it does. If I set it to show up on a particular topic page only, it does NOT show up. The RSS for the block is correct; it works when set to all. Very frustrating. I want to specialize the different topic pages for different departments of a company. (For that matter, I want different POLLS to show up in different sections too, but I've made that request before...)

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm having the exact same issue with 1.37sr1. If I put the block to "all" it shows up fine on all pages. but if I select a single topic (ie I only want my C|Net News.com Feed to show up in the computers/technology section) It never loads. The "Block Content" field is empty, and the "Last RDF Update" field is zeroed out. -cv

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content